Monday, October 21, 2013

T*S*E Rant ~ Watercolor Memories pt. 1



I’ve been getting a little nostalgic as of late about my childhood {happens to most adults when trying to squeeze a dollar out of 15 cents to pay ‘Paul’ by robbing ‘Peter’ (don’t know what I’m talking about? Ask your next of kin; the understanding of it comes with age…)}, missing the days when I had dear old Mummy buying my clothes and providing my three (3) a day meals; the only things I had to do was complete my chores and give my love and respect {although ‘fear’ was more like it during that time, ‘respect’ did come later in life once I experienced what she went through as a woman}.
Before I get misty-eyed, apparently not ALL of it was sunshine and rainbows.
As I had stated, there were times of a person’s youth that can either scar or cause to question all that you know. This week on “Off the ‘Spice’ Rack”, I’ll be bringing you a two-parter that will be screwing with your childhood ;)
….starting off with the eleven (11) most popular Disney Movies that actually have hidden meanings in them that you might have missed as a kid. I know none of you can guess what they are from the jump just by the titles, so I’ll give you guys the abbreviations of the movies right next to them.


Stockholm Syndrome {B&TB}

Hamlet --- with Animals! {TLK}

Please Spay/Neuter Your Pets {101}

The Animators are SO high right now…. {AW}

The Princess is Black --- so the rest of the characters can be racial stereotypes! {TP&TF}

Change For Your Man {TLM}

Makeovers Fix EVERYTHING {C}

Lying and Stealing Will Get You The Girl {A}

The Original ‘Avatar’ {P}

Nice Guy Finishes Last {THND}

‘Doc Hollywood’ meets Nascar {C}



Can you guess what the movies are?
For most of us, this is a breeze cuz they BASICALLY give it to you so I really didn’t need to have the hints next to it.
Now for the ‘why’ that results into how our generation and others beyond are so greatly affected by it.
They had classified these under the category of ‘Movies most likely to Fuck Up a child’s mind in Adulthood’ because of these hidden messages. Of course, for most young parents nowadays use these as a half-a-day Babysitter….actually, let me rephrase this~
ANY cartoon on the TV lineup will serve.
Case in point, I have a cousin who had a 4-year-old {probably 10 now; we don’t speak much…} who had literally begged me to watch my collection of Family Guy! When I told my cousin this, he informed me that he doesn’t allow his boy to watch that particular show at his house. I had full confidence in what he said because our Nana also had raised him to have strong morals; apparently the ‘mother’ was to blame for it.
I have noticed that the newest Disney movies have adult humor but not too damaging to the young generation {i.e. Wreck-It Ralph}, I found them refreshing to look at plus now that I’m at a certain age; plus my Ma enjoys them as much as I do & she’s a tough one to please sometimes {not as bad as Nana or my late father, but she’s up there ;)}

Before I end part 1 of this post, I’d like to add two (2) classic series’ for the Generation X {see, I didn’t forget yall}; it has been proven that the Flintstones --- the modern stone-age family --- did not keep to reality when it was proven that Fred would’ve had his feet grated down to stumps trying to stop the ‘boulder-mobile’.
Also, that we may not have to wait too much longer for that flying car inspired by the Jetsons….although a marvelous invention, the first of them looks too clunky and slapstick to make a big dent in progress; the other drawback {other than the official release in 2015} is that you have to log in I believe 20 hrs. of flight time to use such a vehicle.
Well, you be the judge if this thing has a prayer of making it or if it can even compare to the one we all know from childhood~
 http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2013/10/17/exp-erin-dnt-terrafugia-fly-car-coming-soon.cnn


That’s all folks!
Next week will be the final posting of “Off the ‘Spice’ Rack”; details of why will be explained plus which of the segments will still be continuing.
Be here on Thursday for BR: S/L/D

Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment